- Future Regions Research Centre (FRRC) – Gippsland Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment until September 2024
- Academic Level B - $105,103 p.a. plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
The overall aim of the project is to deliver a multi-stakeholder (inclusive of licensees, government, Traditional Owners, community groups) assessment and characterisation of the social license to operate for Gippsland’s forestry industry.
- contribute to and build upon research projects within regional Victoria;
- coordinate the project management requirements and milestones of the research project as directed by Project Managers;
- engage and work collaboratively with research partners to develop future project concepts and proposals; and
- complete specialist research projects and draft and review reports to meet critical timelines
The Research Fellow, Plantation Forestry will work under the supervision of the project team and its partners developing expertise in research and administration with an increasing degree of autonomy. As well as actively supporting the strategic goals of the Centre and the University.
You will possess:
- experience with post-mining development;
- experience in coordinating research projects;
- ability to undertake research and produce publications in post-mining development; and
- experience in undertaking literature searches, preparation and publication of research findings
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 1 October 2023.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and responses to application questions, which will appear in the application form after you select the 'apply now' button.
To view the position description, please click here: 852305.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
A workplace for remarkable people
For 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
What we offer
We foster a positive culture shaped by our values of inclusion, innovation, excellence, empowerment and collaboration as outlined in Federation’s Living Values Charter.
You will be able to take advantage of our Health Sports and Aquatics Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen, SMB and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our LinkedIn Life page or our leave and work-life balance webpage.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.
Federation University is committed to The Circle Back Initiative program, whereby we will respond to every applicant.