- Global and Engagement – Berwick Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment for 12 months
- Academic Level A - $74,144 p.a. plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
You will conduct relevant research, including designing studies, preparing applications, and data collection, using a range of methods and provide support for the Office of the Associate Deputy Vice-Chancellor Reconciliation, including the National Centre for Reconciliation, Truth, and Justice.
- contribute to project management and research governance;
- contribute to the establishment, building and strengthening of collaborative relationships;
- conduct research and contribute to relevant high-quality outputs; and
- contribute to the preparation of presentations and other materials and participate in relevant meetings and activities.
About Federation University
At Federation University, we are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student, and to the communities we serve.
Across our University and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, and the Wimmera, we deliver world-class education and facilities. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education.
Federation University’s Strategic Plan 2021-2025 outlines our ambition to be Australia’s leading regional university. Our University and TAFE provide integrated lifelong learning, skills, and impactful research enabling people and communities to prosper locally, regionally, and globally.
We are the number one ranked university in Australia for First Generation Student Enrolments (Good Universities Guide 2022). Along with top rankings in Victoria around student support, social equity, skills and employment.
- Number one in Victoria for Social Equity
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Student Support (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (postgraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Full Time Employment (undergraduate)
At Federation University, we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
Reporting to the Associate Deputy Vice-Chancellor Reconciliation and liaising with stakeholders and research partners you demonstrate your interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, together with the ability to relate well to students and other University staff. You will also have demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
You will possess:
- research experience including undertaking literature searches, database management, preparation and publication of research findings/evidence of publication in high-quality academic journals or other equally recognised relevant research production.
- capacity and preparedness to manage and implement research projects; and
- previous experience in academic research;
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 1 October 2023.
Applicants are required to submit a resume and cover letter.
To view the position description, please click here: 852258.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
A workplace for remarkable people
For 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
We foster a positive culture shaped by our values of inclusion, innovation, excellence, empowerment and collaboration as outlined in Federation’s Living Values Charter.
You will be able to take advantage of our Health Sports and Aquatics Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen, SMB and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our LinkedIn Life page or our leave and work-life balance webpage.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.
Federation University is committed to The Circle Back Initiative program, whereby we will respond to every applicant.