- Academic Services and Support Directorate – Mt Helen, Berwick or Gippsland Campuses
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- HEW 7 - $90,899 p.a. plus up to 17%
About the role
The Coordinator, Timetabling is responsible for the management of all academic timetabling activities, including the delivery of the University academic timetable, student and academic class allocations.
- manage the Timetabling Team to collate the relevant information for the development of the academic timetable and to prepare the scheduling systems for the preparation of annual timetables at all campuses.
- manage the student class allocations system to ensure that students can engage with this system in various determined modes at agreed intervals leading up to the commencement of classes.
- manage the Timetabling Team to maintain the room booking process to ensure all requests for physical and virtual functions are processed according to agreed priorities and procedures.
- manage and support Timetabling staff to achieve objectives, including recruiting and inducting new staff and managing the Performance Review and Development Program.
The Coordinator, Timetabling reports to and works under the broad direction of the Manager, Strategic Scheduling.
You will possess:
- experience and success in planning and coordinating scheduling processes to deliver timetable and manage space and class allocation, including managing multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines.
- database management and software applications skills, preferably scheduling databases, and applications.
- ability to interpret and apply relevant policies, procedures, and legislation in the daily responsibilities of this position.
- ability to coordinate and support staff to achieve individual and department objectives.
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 2 April 2023.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and responses to the key selection criteria.
To view the position description, please click here: 852086.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
A workplace for remarkable people
For 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
What we offer
We foster a positive culture shaped by our values of inclusion, innovation, excellence, empowerment and collaboration as outlined in Federation’s Living Values Charter.
You will be able to take advantage of our Health Sports and Aquatics Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen, SMB and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our LinkedIn Life page or our leave and work-life balance webpage.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.
Federation University is committed to The Circle Back Initiative program, whereby we will respond to every applicant.