Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Co-operative Education (internal applicants only)
Job no: 851967
Campus: Ballarat Campuses
School/Area: Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- Institute of Innovation, Science and Sustainability – Ballarat Campus
- Part-time (0.6), fixed-term appointment until February 2024
- Academic Level B - $101,061 p.a. (pro-rata) or Level C - $123,384 p.a. (pro-rata) plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
You will work closely with the co-operative education coordinator and the Associate DVC(A), as well as supporting units within the academic portfolio. You will make a significant contribution to research activity within the Co-Operative Education Unit, in addition participate in team projects and various committees as required.
At a Level B you will:
- contribute to the design and development of new courses in the Co-operative Education Unit, including courses in the Fed Talent program;
- incorporate contemporary scholarship and research findings to develop curriculum, learning and teaching practices;
- utilise curriculum to integrate disciplinary professional practice for student learning (i.e.: Workplace Learning) at the course level; and
- develop, teach, coordinate and moderate courses held within the Co-Operative Education Unit at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
At a Level C you will:
- lead the research, design and development of new courses in the Co-Operative Education Unit, including courses in the Fed Talent program;
- lead the delivery of courses, lead and facilitate workshops at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- provide leadership in developing, teaching, coordinating, and moderating courses in the Co-Operative Education Unit; and
- align curriculum with blended, online and digital learning and teaching strategies at the course level.
You will work as part of the Institute’s team of academic and administrative staff with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with others across disciplines, institutes and industry partners.
At a Level B you will demonstrate:
- a commitment and enthusiasm for teaching and learning and demonstrated a good teaching record;
- evidence of effective use of technology-enhanced learning and practices that support student learning;
- expertise in designing innovative curricula; and
- previous experience in academic administration;
At a Level C you will demonstrate:
- commitment to and enthusiasm for teaching and learning, and a good teaching record.
- a record of research at an international level.
- capacity to supervise honours and research postgraduate students.
- capacity to work independently, as well as part of a team.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 5 February 2023.
Applicants are required to submit a resume and suitability statement.
To view the position description, please click here: 851967.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
A workplace for remarkable people
For 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time