- Library Services - Berwick
- Part-time (0.4), continuing appointment
- HEW level 6 - $82,544 p.a. (pro-rata) plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Developing partnerships between academic and teaching staff and the University Library;
- Liaising with Institute staff to develop and implement digital and information literacy education services;
- Contributing to student and researcher success through the development and delivery of learning activities and resources, and provision of point-of-need services and;
- Providing research skills programs, supporting researchers to source and use information resources, manage data, publish, and manage their profile as a researcher
About Federation University
At Federation University, we are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student, and to the communities we serve.
Across our University and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, and the Wimmera, we deliver world-class education and facilities. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education.
Federation University’s Strategic Plan 2021-2025 outlines our ambition to be Australia’s leading regional university. Our University and TAFE provide integrated lifelong learning, skills, and impactful research enabling people and communities to prosper locally, regionally, and globally.
We are the number one ranked university in Australia for First Generation Student Enrolments (Good Universities Guide 2022). Along with top rankings in Victoria around student support, social equity, skills and employment. (Include only for Academic or Research positions) This includes:
- Number one in Victoria for Social Equity
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Student Support (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (postgraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Full Time Employment (undergraduate)
To be considered for the position, you will have demonstrated:
- Understanding of and experience in liaising with academics and/or teachers to collaboratively develop and deliver services to support learning, teaching and research for a range of client groups.
- Knowledge and experience in using online information services and databases, library discovery layers, search engines, services and resources.
- Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a range of stakeholders;.
- Commitment to best practice, quality service and a customer focussed culture with the ability to deal with competing demands in a busy service environment.
- Experience and knowledge of digital and information literacy principles and practice within an academic context.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 5 February 2023.
Applicants are required to submit a resume and a suitability statement.
To view the position description, please click here: 851940.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
A workplace for remarkable people
For 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
What we offer
We foster a positive culture shaped by our values of inclusion, innovation, excellence, empowerment and collaboration as outlined in Federation’s Living Values Charter.
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, sacrificing options, discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our LinkedIn Life page or our leave and work-life balance webpage.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.