- Technology Park and Commercial Services– Ballarat and Churchill Campuses
- Casual opportunities
- Certificate III Qualified - $35.67 including casual loading per hour plus superannuation
- Diploma Qualified - $37.48 including casual loading per hour plus superannuation
About the role
Working with the Early Childhood Educators you will support the provision of programs which meet the needs, strengths and interests of the children in your care at Federation University Children’s Centre Mt Helen, SMB or Gippsland Campus working as part of a team promoting a caring and relaxing environment for each child, while meeting the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations, National Quality Standard, and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- contribute to the development and implementation of educational programs for children;
- work collaboratively to ensure a safe, secure, hygienic environment for children;
- support and encourage positive relationships and communication between educators and parents; and
- have a sound knowledge of the Child Safe Standards, child safety and child protection.
About Federation University
At Federation University, we are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student, and to the communities we serve.
Across our university and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, and the Wimmera, we deliver world-class education and facilities. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education.
Federation University’s Strategic Plan 2021-2025 outlines our ambition to be Australia’s leading regional university. Our University and TAFE provide integrated lifelong learning, skills, and impactful research enabling people and communities to prosper locally, regionally, and globally.
We are the number one ranked University in Australia for First Generation Student Enrolments (Good Universities Guide 2022). Along with top rankings in Victoria around student support, social equity, skills and employment. This includes:
- Number one in Victoria for Social Equity
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Student Support (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (postgraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Full Time Employment (undergraduate)
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- completion of a Certificate III or Diploma in Children’s Services;
- understanding of the Education and Care Services National Regulations, the National Quality Standard, the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VEYLDF) and the National Early Year Learning Framework (EYLF);
- ability in providing quality care and learning environments for children; and
- knowledge and understanding of child development.
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 4 December 2022.
Applicants are required to submit a resume.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our Uni Sports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, blended workforce options (work from home flexibility), salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information, please visit our website.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.