- Global and Engagement
- 2 x Full-time, fixed-term appointment for 5 years
- Academic Level C – $123,384 or Level D - $148,195 p.a. plus up to 17% superannuation
In accordance with the University’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Workforce Strategy; and under Special Measures Section 12, 28 and 88 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010; the University has designated this position as an Identified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Position.
Only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply.
About the role
You will be part of a five-year research program led by the Associate Deputy Vice-Chancellor Reconciliation focusing on Australian and international experiences with reconciliation, truth, and justice. You will work in a specific research node, involving Federation University academics, and external academic and industry fellows.
As a Level C, you will:
- conduct research and produce relevant, high impact research outputs;
- contribute to project management and research governance, including preparation of research grant applications, ethics applications, reports and progress and final reports for funding bodies; and
- supervise research support staff, students and visiting industry and research fellows.
As a Level D, you will:
- play a lead role in developing and implementing the research program focusing on reconciliation, truth, and justice;
- work with and advise the Associate Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Reconciliation on research progression; and
- contribute to the preparation and independently publish articles attaining recognition for Federation University at a national and where possible international level.
About Federation University
At Federation University, we are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student, and to the communities we serve.
Across our University and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, and the Wimmera, we deliver world-class education and facilities. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education.
Federation University’s Strategic Plan 2021-2025 outlines our ambition to be Australia’s leading regional university. Our University and TAFE provide integrated lifelong learning, skills, and impactful research enabling people and communities to prosper locally, regionally, and globally.
We are the number one ranked university in Australia for First Generation Student Enrolments (Good Universities Guide 2022). Along with top rankings in Victoria around student support, social equity, skills and employment. This includes:
- Number one in Victoria for Social Equity
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Student Support (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (postgraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Full Time Employment (undergraduate)
As a key part of our team you will establish and maintain strong internal relationships and external relationships with Indigenous organisations, reconciliation bodies, industry, governments, education bodies, funders, and communities. You will have excellent interpersonal, oral, written communication and time management skills, together with the ability to work to deadlines.
You will possess demonstrated:
- experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in an education setting;
- proven significant research experience in a field related to the work of reconciliation, truth, and justice;
- ability and experience to complete advanced writing and analysis tasks, including research publications in high quality journals; and
- experience in communicating research results effectively in academic, policy and industry forums.
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 11 December 2022
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume.
To view the position description, please click here: PD - 851855.pdf
For further information please contact Professor Andrew Gunstone, Associate Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Reconciliation on phone 03 8780 5710 or email email@example.com.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
A workplace for remarkable people
For 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
What we offer
We foster a positive culture shaped by our values of inclusion, innovation, excellence, empowerment and collaboration as outlined in Federation’s Living Values Charter.
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our LinkedIn Life page or our leave and work-life balance webpage.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.