- Institute of Health and Wellbeing – Ballarat Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- Academic Level B - $101,061 p.a. plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
The Institute of Health and Wellbeing offers postgraduate and undergraduate programs in psychology, exercise and sports science, nursing, midwifery, paramedicine, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, public health, speech pathology, work health and safety, and research.
The Lecturer, Clinical Psychology will contribute to the development and delivery of courses at postgraduate, honours, and undergraduate levels, undertake research activities and contribute to the Institute’s administrative functions. You will also be involved in supervision and teaching of Master of Psychology (Clinical) and Master of Professional Psychology students and will assist with Work Integrated Learning (WIL) for our Undergraduate students
- develop, teach, assess, coordinate and moderate courses in Clinical and Professional Psychology;
- provide clinical supervision for masters students;
- undertake teaching and assessment of postgraduate, honours and undergraduate, students; and
- supervise students undertaking research projects, including higher degree research;
About Federation University
At Federation University, we are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student, and to the communities we serve.
Across our University and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, and the Wimmera, we deliver world-class education and facilities. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education.
Federation University’s Strategic Plan 2021-2025 outlines our ambition to be Australia’s leading regional university. Our University and TAFE provide integrated lifelong learning, skills, and impactful research enabling people and communities to prosper locally, regionally, and globally.
We are the number one ranked university in Australia for First Generation Student Enrolments (Good Universities Guide 2022). Along with top rankings in Victoria around student support, social equity, skills and employment. This includes:
- Number one in Victoria for Social Equity
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Student Support (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (postgraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Full Time Employment (undergraduate)
You will have experience in teaching, clinical supervision, and in providing clinical psychology services, as well as a commitment to and enthusiasm for teaching with the ability to develop and implement a student-centred approach with a focus on student educational experience and success. You will work collegially and possess preparedness to undertake research.
You will possess:
- a master’s degree in clinical psychology, registration as a psychologist, without conditions, and with clinical endorsement and approved supervisor status with the Psychology Board of Australia (PsyBA);
- experience providing clinical supervision to postgraduate students, and/or psychology registrars, and/or 5+1 interns;
- high-level interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills and the ability to relate well to students and colleagues;
- the ability to work collegially in both face-to-face and on-line professional environments; and
- well-developed organisational and administrative skills essential for the development, coordination and administration of courses
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 12 February 2023.
Applicants are required to submit a resume and suitability statement not to exceed two pages.
To view the position description, please click here: 851772.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
A workplace for remarkable people
For 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining, and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity, and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference, and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities, and genders. Should you require additional support please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
What we offer
We foster a positive culture shaped by our values of inclusion, innovation, excellence, empowerment and collaboration as outlined in Federation’s Living Values Charter.
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our LinkedIn Life page or our leave and work-life balance webpage.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.