- Vice-Chancellor’s Office – Mt Helen Campus (with flexible work arrangements)
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment until November 2023
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered
About the role
Responsible for the provision of expert, strategic advice and solutions, you will be the primary liaison between the Vice-Chancellor and President and internal and external stakeholders. A multi-skilled leader, you will lead strategy, planning and performance reporting, high-priority projects and initiatives, in addition to managing issues and requests on the Vice-Chancellor's behalf.
- be a highly effective problem solver and negotiator, tactful communicator and adept at working in a complex environment;
- lead and manage the work of the Office of the Vice Chancellor and President and Strategy and Planning portfolio;
- liaise across the university to uncover and resolve problems and make sound strategic business decisions, balanced with being a trusted advisor to the Vice-Chancellor and President; and
- coordinate communications and prepare briefing papers, reports, submissions, presentations and correspondence on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor and President for internal and external audiences.
About Federation University
At Federation University, we are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student, and to the communities we serve.
Across our University and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, and the Wimmera, we deliver world-class education and facilities. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education.
Federation University’s Strategic Plan 2021-2025 outlines our ambition to be Australia’s leading regional university. Our University and TAFE provide integrated lifelong learning, skills, and impactful research enabling people and communities to prosper locally, regionally, and globally.
We are the number one ranked university in Australia for First Generation Student Enrolments (Good Universities Guide 2022). Along with top rankings in Victoria around student support, social equity, skills and employment.
Reporting directly to the Vice-Chancellor, you will possess demonstrated leadership skills within a large public or private sector organisation, with a focus on strategy, planning, performance and accountability. You will also have experience in effective leadership, planning, organisation, project and operations management, with meticulous attention to detail, and astute workflow and workload management using strong data and analytical skills.
You will possess:
- demonstrated understanding of broader issues and trends specifically those pertaining to the Education Sector and this position;
- demonstrated leadership, planning and organisational skills in the management of high-quality executive support service;
- demonstrated experience in leading through formal and informal authority, including excellent influencing skills;
- demonstrated conceptual, analytical and research skills, including a demonstrated ability to provide clear and accurate advice; and
- demonstrated highly developed interpersonal and cross-cultural skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality at the highest level.
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 2 October 2022.
Applicants are required to submit a resume and suitability statement.
To view the position description, please click here: 851750.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
A workplace for remarkable people
For 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
What we offer
We foster a positive culture shaped by our values of inclusion, innovation, excellence, empowerment and collaboration as outlined in Federation’s Living Values Charter.
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our LinkedIn Life page or our leave and work-life balance webpage.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.