- Institute of Health and Wellbeing – Gippsland Campus
- Part-time (0.6), fixed-term appointment until September 2023
- Academic Level B – $101,061 p.a. (pro-rata) plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
The Institute of Health and Wellbeing operates across the four main campuses of Mt Helen (Ballarat), Berwick, Gippsland (Churchill) and Brisbane, and comprises approximately 150 fixed term and continuing academic staff, and a range of administrative, professional and sessional staff members. The Institute offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in exercise and sports science, nursing, midwifery, paramedicine, psychology, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, public health, speech pathology, work health and safety, and research. Research, industry collaboration and consultancy form a major aspect of the Institute’s activities, with numerous partnerships established with local, state, national and international organisations.
The Research Fellow will provide support for research / evaluation projects working as part of the CERG team supporting the work of the Director, CERG.
- conduct research and produce relevant high quality, high impact research outputs;
- contribute to preparation of research presentations and other materials;
- contribute to the establishment, building and strengthening of collaborative relationships between the University and key partner organisations; and
- contribute to project management and research governance, as directed by Project Managers and Director, CERG.
About Federation University
At Federation University, we are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student, and to the communities we serve.
Across our university and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, and the Wimmera, we deliver world-class education and facilities. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education.
Federation University’s Strategic Plan 2021-2025 outlines our ambition to be Australia’s leading regional university. Our University and TAFE provide integrated lifelong learning, skills, and impactful research enabling people and communities to prosper locally, regionally, and globally.
We are the number one ranked University in Australia for First Generation Student Enrolments (Good Universities Guide 2022). Along with top rankings in Victoria around student support, social equity, skills and employment.
- Number one in Victoria for Social Equity
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Student Support (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (postgraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Full Time Employment (undergraduate)
Working under the direction of the Director, CERG you will have previous experience in academic research with excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently to conduct research / evaluation activities.
You will possess:
- research experience including undertaking literature searchers, database management, preparation and publication of research findings;
- capacity to manage and implement research projects that involve significant interaction with professional/industry groups and the wider community; and
- capacity to achieve an active research profile in a relevant area.
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 2 October 2022.
Applicants are required to submit a resume and key selection criteria:
To view the Position Description, please click here: 851705.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
A workplace for remarkable people
For 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
What we offer
We foster a positive culture shaped by our values of inclusion, innovation, excellence, empowerment and collaboration as outlined in Federation’s Living Values Charter.
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our LinkedIn Life page or our leave and work-life balance webpage.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.