- Institute of Innovation, Science and Sustainability – Ballarat Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- Academic Level C– $123,384 or Level D $148,195 p.a. plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
The Institute of Innovation, Science and Sustainability offers Bachelor programmes in Business, Engineering, Information Technology, and Science and Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Masters by coursework programmes.
As an integral member of our team you will contribute primarily to relevant programs at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in your area of specialty in the mining engineering programmes. You will also be expected to supervise postgraduate students and contribute to fostering research culture in the Institute.
At Academic Level C
- undertake teaching and assessment of undergraduate and postgraduate students within the area of Mining Engineering
- make a significant contribution to developing, teaching, coordinating, and moderating courses in Mining Engineering at undergraduate and graduate levels;
- make a significant contribution to research activity within the Institute; and
- contribute significantly to the administrative functions of the Institute.
At Academic Level D
- undertake teaching and assessment of undergraduate and postgraduate students within the area of Mining Engineering;
- provide leadership in developing, teaching, coordinating, and moderating courses in Mining Engineering at undergraduate, honours and graduate levels;
- provide leadership for the development, implementation and monitoring of student retention and success strategies in Mining Engineering; and
- make a significant contribution to the administrative functions of the Institute.
About Federation University
At Federation University, we are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student, and to the communities we serve.
Across our University and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, and the Wimmera, we deliver world-class education and facilities. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education.
Federation University’s Strategic Plan 2021-2025 outlines our ambition to be Australia’s leading regional university. Our University and TAFE provide integrated lifelong learning, skills, and impactful research enabling people and communities to prosper locally, regionally, and globally.
We are the number one ranked university in Australia for First Generation Student Enrolments (Good Universities Guide 2022). Along with top rankings in Victoria around student support, social equity, skills and employment. This includes:
- Number one in Victoria for Social Equity
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Student Support (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (postgraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Full Time Employment (undergraduate)
Working under the broad direction of the Discipline Leader you will work as part of the Institute’s team of academic and administrative staff. You will possess proven educational, research and professional experience and seek to embed long and short-term research strategies for the Institute within the strategic framework of the University and in accordance with its mission.
At a Level C, you will also possess:
- a doctoral qualification;
- capacity to supervise honours and research postgraduate students;
- ability to develop and implement a student-centred approach with a focus on student success, including the ability to monitor student success initiatives; and
- demonstrated record of research at a national level.
At a Level D, you will also possess:
- a doctoral qualification;
- capacity to supervise honours, masters and doctoral students;
- ability to develop and implement a student-centred approach with a focus on student success, including the ability to provide leadership to the Institute; and
- demonstrated record of research at a national or international level.
How to apply
Please apply by Wednesday, 28 September 2022.
Applicants are required to submit a resume and suitability statement.
To view the position description, please click here: 851359.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
A workplace for remarkable people
For 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
What we offer
We foster a positive culture shaped by our values of inclusion, innovation, excellence, empowerment and collaboration as outlined in Federation’s Living Values Charter.
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helenhttps://uqsport.com.au/, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our LinkedIn Life page or our leave and work-life balance webpage.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.