- School of Health – Ballarat Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- Academic Level B $99,764 or Academic Level C $121,801 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Be part of our diverse community
We are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student who walks through our doors, and to the communities we help build and are proud to be part of. We are one of Australia’s oldest universities, known today for our modern approach to teaching and learning. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education programs at Federation University.
About the role
Contribute to the delivery of excellence in teaching and learning across Nursing courses.
- develop, teach, coordinate and moderate courses in nursing;
- undertake teaching and assessment of undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students;
- undertake research activities.
- supervise students undertaking project courses and honours programs.
- provide leadership in developing, teaching, coordinating, and moderating courses in Nursing;
- undertake teaching and assessment of undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- supervise students undertaking project courses, honours programs and research higher degrees; and
- make a significant contribution to research activity within the School.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- commitment to scholarship and a potential for academic advancement;
- commitment to and enthusiasm for teaching, and a good teaching record;
- previous experience in academic administration;
- evidence of research expertise and a demonstrated capacity and preparedness to achieve an active research profile; and
- evidence of an ability to work collegially.
- commitment to and enthusiasm for teaching and learning, and a good teaching record;
- record of research at an international level;
- capacity to supervise honours and research postgraduate students; and
- organisational and administrative abilities necessary for the construction, coordination and administration of courses.
- have unrestricted registration as a Registered Nurse with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions.
Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Please apply by Monday, 27 September 2021.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, in addition to a resume. To view the Position Description, please click here: 850853.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Elizabeth Spark, our Diversity and Inclusion Partner.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Lisa Pickering, our Associate Director, Organisational Development and Performance.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our leave and work-life balance web page.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.