- Centre for Teaching Innovation and Quality – Ballarat or Berwick Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment for six months
- HEW 6 – $81,484 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About Federation University
At Federation University, we are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student, and to the communities we serve.
Across our university and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, and the Wimmera, we deliver world-class education and facilities. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education.
Federation University’s Strategic Plan 2021-2025 outlines our ambition to be Australia’s leading regional university. Our University and TAFE provide integrated lifelong learning, skills, and impactful research enabling people and communities to prosper locally, regionally, and globally.
We are the number one ranked University in Australia for First Generation Student Enrolments (Good Universities Guide 2022). Along with top rankings in Victoria around student support, social equity, skills and employment. This includes:
- Number one in Victoria for Social Equity
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Student Support (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (postgraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Full Time Employment (undergraduate)
About the role
Contribute to the development of sustainable, high quality, student-centred, online and blended learning and teaching.
- contribute to online course development through the design and implementation of high quality interactive educational resources and enabling technologies;
- plan for and develop needs based professional development for teaching staff;
- provide expertise and support in the use of online technology tools to develop flexible student-centred online teaching programs.
- document guides and training materials to support staff uptake and sustainability of newly created learning objects and technologies.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- understanding of contemporary educational design principles, and knowledge of their application to different delivery modes;
- experience designing and developing interactive digital learning objects;
- proficiency in the usage, promotion, and pedagogical applications of one or more of the following content design tools or interactive technologies such as H5P, HTML5, Adobe Creative Suite etc. within a Learning Management System (preferably Moodle);
- evidence of the ability to work independently and collegially within a team environment; and
- interpersonal, oral, written, and digital communication skills.
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions.
Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Please apply by Monday, 11 October 2021.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, in addition to a resume. To view the Position Description, please click here: 850764.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Bianca Molloy, our Manager, Organisational Development and Diversity.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Bianca Molloy, our Manager, Organisational Development and Diversity
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our leave and work-life balance web page.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.