- Student Experience and Administration Services – Ballarat Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- HEW 6 - $81,484 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Be part of our diverse community
We are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student who walks through our doors, and to the communities we help build and are proud to be part of. We are one of Australia’s oldest universities, known today for our modern approach to teaching and learning. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education programs at Federation University.
About the role
Support the operation of the Service and Contact Centre by developing training to optimise the workforce for continuous improvement.
- design, implement and manage an effective workforce optimisation strategy;
- conduct workforce modelling to determine resource optimisation and undertake statistical analyses;
- liaise with Coordinators regarding any weekly staff issues, requirements and ensure all future events are accounted for and planned;
- continuously review training requirements and provide input into the introduction of new resource planning strategies, innovations, and process improvements; and
- conduct training for Service Centre Officers.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills and an ability to deploy these to tailor reporting to specific and changing requirements;
- ability to work in complex frameworks, analyse and prioritise elevated levels of information and convert ideas and objectives into actions;
- knowledge and experience in the use of Information Technology, including common software and reporting tools such as Bi-Reporting, Excel, SQL, web development software and Content Management Systems and principles.
- utilisation of data to predict and schedule appropriate staffing levels;
- initiative, attention to detail and the ability to communicate complex concepts.
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions.
Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Please apply by Tuesday, 28 September 2021.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, in addition to a resume. To view the Position Description, please click here: 850734.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Elizabeth Spark, our Diversity and Inclusion Partner
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Lisa Pickering, our Associate Director, Organisational Development and Performance.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our leave and work-life balance web page.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.