- Finance – Ballarat or Berwick Campus with flexible work options available
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment for three years
- HEW 9 - $117,206 – $121,874 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Federation University is a multi-sector institution, with the largest network of campuses across Victoria and a growing Brisbane campus. We are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student who walks through our doors, and to the communities we help build and are proud to be part of. We are one of Australia’s oldest universities, known today for our modern approach to teaching and learning.
You will perform a vital support role to the Associate Director, Strategic Finance and Analysis and ensure that the Financial Planning and Analysis team meet its responsibilities to ensure sound financial management, quality business partnering services and the provision of strategic advice across Federation University Australia.
About the role
Responsible for delivering high-quality tailored financial reports and support key business activities to deliver commercial outcomes. You will lead the development and implementation of best practice solutions, and modify and introduce innovation into processes, as part of the University’s short, medium- and long-term financial strategy and as required by the University’s changing operating environment.
- provide reports, insights, analysis and advice to the Finance Leadership Team and University executive team;
- manage high level relationships and deliver to key University stakeholders;
- manage the University budget and forecasting process including student revenue modelling;
- lead, motivate, and develop your team of Finance Partners;
- develop complex financial costing models; and
- provide significant involvement and support to the ERP project.
The Manager will be expected to demonstrate significant skills in business judgement, strategic agility, and business acumen.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- membership of a professional association such as CPA, ICA or equivalent;
- extensive relevant experience in a financial management role with responsibility for the financial planning and budgeting function in a large, complex organisation;
- ability to conceptualise and develop financial strategic plans, implement and manage operational plans, and the capacity to lead others in business and financial planning processes;
- expertise in financial planning in a business context, management accounting, business partnering, forecasting and the ability to manage complex financial projects;
- ideally, understanding of the university sector; and
- ability to lead, motivate, develop and communicate with high performing team to achieve organisational outcomes in a complex and competitive environment.
Further information can be obtained from:
Prakash Subramanian, Associate Director, Financial Planning and Business Analytics
Telephone: (03) 4313 7921
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Please apply by 1 August 2021.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter in addition to a resume. To view the Position Description, please click here: 850674.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Elizabeth Spark, our Diversity and Inclusion Partner.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Lisa Pickering, our Associate Director, Organisational Development and Performance.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, (remove for TAFE ads) flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our leave and work-life balance web page.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.