- Finance – Ballarat or Berwick Campus with flexible work options available
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- Attractive remuneration package, plus 17% superannuation
Federation University is a multi-sector institution, with the largest network of campuses across Victoria and a growing Brisbane campus. We are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student who walks through our doors, and to the communities we help build and are proud to be part of. We are one of Australia’s oldest universities, known today for our modern approach to teaching and learning.
We are seeking a commercially astute Associate Director specialising in Strategic Intelligence and Planning, to join the university in this newly created position.
Working closely with all levels of the University to meet the university’s strategic needs in relation to business intelligence, you will contribute to the implementation of strategic/operational planning cycles through quantitative data analysis.
About the role
Responsible for Analytics, Business Intelligence and Institutional strategic planning and monitoring, this position plays a key role in positioning the unit as a trusted advisor and providing valuable insights through the role as a trusted business partner in the areas of strategy, planning and insight.
- build and maintain client relationships across the University;
- be a trusted advisor, providing valuable insights as a trusted business partner in the areas of strategy, planning and insight;
- lead, manage, and embed a continuous improvement culture of an integrated and robust strategic planning;
- drive, develop and lead the business intelligence function, providing strategic advisory on a broad range of strategic issues of concern to the University; and
- lead the use of data and analytics to develop strategies and models which enable key stakeholders to implement actions relating to the wider student life cycle.
You will lead briefings and be able to story tell using data and analytics, building credibility trust and confidence with the University leadership team, using data to drive our strategic direction.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- experienced in the provision of high-level strategic planning and quantitative data analysis;
- experience in leading the development and implementation of corporate and business unit level strategic planning;
- experience working with senior leaders and teams to support effective organisation-wide planning and data provision;
- experience undertaking research on strategic initiatives and developing effective recommendations; and
- leadership skills, including the capacity to lead a small team, and manage change.
Further information can be obtained from:
Richard Harris, Director, Finance
Telephone: (03) 5327 9715
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Please apply by Monday 2 August 2021.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter in addition to a resume. To view the Position Description, please click here: 850673.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Elizabeth Spark, our Diversity and Inclusion Partner.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Lisa Pickering, our Associate Director, Organisational Development and Performance.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, (remove for TAFE ads) flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our leave and work-life balance web page.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.