- Governance and Strategy – Mt Helen Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment until 24 December 2021
- HEW 5 – $70,499 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Be part of our diverse community
We are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student who walks through our doors, and to the communities we help build and are proud to be part of. We are one of Australia’s oldest universities, known today for our modern approach to teaching and learning. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education programs at Federation University.
About the role
Responsible for undertaking specific research and other projects for processes and procedures whilst providing high-level secretariat support for various Boards and Committees.
- provide high quality research and secretariat services including the preparation of agendas and minutes and associated documentation;
- contribute to the continuous improvement of processes within the Academic Secretariat team.
- provide effective communication of the proceedings and recommendations of various committees;
- carry out the operational functions related to the academic quality assurance and governance processes; and
- interpret, understand and apply University Legislation, Statutes, Regulations, policies and procedures to provide advice to relevant stakeholders.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- experience in higher education or similar corporate governance organisation;
- secretariat management and communication skills;
- interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders;
- ability to exercise initiative and work independently as well as within a team environment.
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions.
Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 1 August 2021
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, in addition to a resume. To view the Position Description, please click here: 850665.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Elizabeth Spark, our Diversity and Inclusion Partner.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Lisa Pickering, our Associate Director, Organisational Development and Performance.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our leave and work-life balance web page.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.