- Student Experience and Administration Services – Ballarat Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- HEW 7 - $89,732 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Student Experience and Administration Services
The Student Experience and Administration Services oversees the provision of services across the whole student lifecycle from inquiry to graduation. It includes student engagement, employability, equity, wellbeing, student advocacy, learning and academic skills, as well as student administration services, and contact centres. The Directorate works collaboratively across the University and has close links with external stakeholders including employers, industry groups and the community.
About the role
Lead and develop the Student Advocacy Team to ensure that students have independent advice and support in addressing issues of concern which may inhibit their progress with their studies and contribute to improvements in student experience
- lead and manage Student Advocacy team to support students individually with their concerns and contribute to improving overall student experience
- liaise with University stakeholders to provide input into the continuous improvement of University legislation and policies;
- plan and manage the operations of the team resources; and
- act as an advocate and maintain a case load of students.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- ability to plan, manage and deliver a range of comprehensive, diverse, high quality services across multiple campuses;
- experience in the delivery of continuous improvement;
- knowledge and experience in the delivery of student focussed advisory, information, advocacy services and referrals;
- ability to manage and develop staff and provide positive leadership;
- ability to write policies, procedures, guidelines and reports.
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions.
Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Please apply by Wednesday, 4 August 2021.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, in addition to a resume. To view the Position Description, please click here: 850662.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Elizabeth Spark, our Diversity and Inclusion Partner.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Lisa Pickering, our Associate Director, Organisational Development and Performance.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our leave and work-life balance web page.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.