- Centre for Teaching Innovation and Quality – Ballarat Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment until 10 June 2022
- HEW 8 - $100,726 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Be part of our diverse community
We are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student who walks through our doors, and to the communities we help build and are proud to be part of. We are one of Australia’s oldest universities, known today for our modern approach to teaching and learning. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education programs at Federation University.
About the role
Responsible for the monitoring, interpretation and provision of advice relating to tertiary education quality regulatory requirements.
- maintain a comprehensive and accurate understanding of the legislative requirements of regulatory bodies;
- design and implement systems to monitor and report on levels of ongoing compliance;
- coordinate and administer processes and practices to meet regulatory quality requirements and the University’s Quality Framework; and
- provide input to the content and delivery of training programs relevant to the University’s Quality Framework.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- extensive knowledge and understanding of the TEQSA Act, Threshold Standards, NVR Act, VET Quality Framework, VCAL standards with an awareness of the ESOS Act and National Code;
- ability to lead, manage and coordinate significant and complex projects in line with strategic objectives and strict deadlines;
- verbal and written communication skills, ability to develop and write reports, policies and procedures;
- analytical skills and ability to apply strategic, innovative thinking to develop options, evaluate and implement solutions to complex issues.
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions.
Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 1 August 2021.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, to view the Position Description, please click here: 850407.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Elizabeth Spark, our Diversity and Inclusion Partner.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Lisa Pickering, our Associate Director, Organisational Development and Performance.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, blended workforce options (work from home flexibility), salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our leave and work-life balance web page.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.