- Academic Services and Support Directorate – Gippsland Campus, Churchill
- Full-time, continuing appointment. Part-time requests (0.6) or above will be considered
- HEW 5 - $70,499 p.a. (pro-rata for part-time) plus 17% superannuation
Be part of our diverse community
We are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student who walks through our doors, and to the communities we help build and are proud to be part of. We are one of Australia’s oldest universities, known today for our modern approach to teaching and learning. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education programs at Federation University.
About the role
Provide technical support and services to staff and students for teaching programs including Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Nursing and Midwifery.
- provide technical support for teaching and research laboratories and activities;
- maintain accurate records of individual laboratory requirements for each course and research project;
- ensure technical equipment is maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s requirements; and
- complete risk assessments for all laboratory and technical activities and equipment.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- experience in coordinating the preparation, organisation and distribution of equipment, consumables and materials;
- knowledge and application of OH&S and EH&S responsibilities in laboratory settings;
- ability to support academic staff in the use of equipment;
- ability to document and maintain a range of accurate technical records for teaching and research laboratories and projects; and
- organisational and time management skills.
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions.
Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 16 May 2021
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, to view the Position Description, please click here: 850393.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team via email or on 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please contact please contact Elizabeth Spark, Diversity and Inclusion Partner via email.
To find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy, please click here. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please contact Lisa Pickering, Manager, Organisational Development and Diversity via email.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, blended workforce options (work from home flexibility), salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information, please visit our website.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.