- School of Health – Ballarat Campus
- Part-time (0.6), fixed-term appointment until 15 July 2021
- Academic Level A3 to B3 - $76,758 to $97,904 p.a. (pro-rata) plus 17% superannuation
Be part of our diverse community
We are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student who walks through our doors, and to the communities we help build and are proud to be part of. We are one of Australia’s oldest universities, known today for our modern approach to teaching and learning. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education programs at Federation University.
About the role
You will be expected to actively engage in teaching and student engagement related activities within the discipline of Nursing for undergraduate and graduate programs.
Depending on the level of appointment you will:
- prepare and deliver lectures and tutorials;
- mark and assess courses in Nursing;
- participate in the development of course curriculum and teaching materials; and
- perform academic administrative functions within the School.
- develop, teach and coordinate courses;
- undertake assessments for students;
- undertake research activities; and
- contribute to the administrative functions of the School.
Depending on the level of appointment to be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- lecturing and tutoring experience in the areas of Nursing;
- capacity to teach courses and co-ordinate in areas of Nursing; and
- an ability to work collegially.
- knowledge of Nursing gained through scholarly activities and/or industry experience;
- capabilities in online teaching and blended delivery; and
- an ability to develop and maintain collaborative networks and partnerships.
For both levels:
- excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; and
- at least one year’s academic experience at an Australian University.
Please note, in accordance with the Federation University Australia Union Enterprise Agreement | Academic and General Staff Employees | 2019-2021, to be eligible for a Scholarly Teaching Fellow position, applicants must have at least one years’ academic appointment with an Australian University, excluding a person who has held a continuing academic appointment.
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions.
Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 20 April 2021
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, to view the Position Description, please click here: 850340.pdf
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, in addition to a resume, to view the Position Description, please visit careers.federation.edu.au
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please contact please contact our Diversity and Inclusion Partner, Elizabeth Spark, via email. To find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy, please click here
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team via email or on 03 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, blended workforce options (work from home flexibility), salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information, please visit our website.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.