- Facilities Services – Berwick Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- HEW 6 - $79,965 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Be part of our diverse community
We are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student who walks through our doors, and to the communities we help build and are proud to be part of. We are one of Australia’s oldest universities, known today for our modern approach to teaching and learning. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education programs at Federation University.
About the role
Coordinate and contribute to a range of activities that supports the delivery of building and maintenance services at the Berwick campus.
- act as first point of contact for operational matters including issues or complaints relating to building and service contract issues, access and keys distribution;
- monitor and coordinate the implementation and completion of work schedules;
- coordinate site inductions for contractors ensuring the issuing of relevant permits, identification, access and parking permits;
- monitor compliance with OHS policies and procedures and complete regular workplace inspections; and
- act as Deputy Campus Warden supporting the Campus emergency response.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- experience in facilities management coordination;
- awareness and application in the National Construction Code, Australian Standards and other relevant building statutes and standards;
- ability to interpret building maintenance and construction contracts, drawings and specifications;
- interpersonal, consultation and communication skills;
- understanding of OH&S legislation, practices and principles, including the ability to undertake workplace inspections and audits; and
- a current Working with Children Card, a drivers licence (to operate University vehicles) and the ability to undertake travel to other campuses and be available for afterhours/on call work.
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions.
Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Please apply by Tuesday, 20 April 2021.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, to view the Position Description, please click here: 850268.pdf
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please contact please contact our Diversity and Inclusion Partner, Elizabeth Spark, via email. To find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy, please click here
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team via email or on 03 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, blended workforce options (work from home flexibility), salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information, please visit our website.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.