- Federation TAFE – SMB Campus
- Two full-time, fixed-term appointments for two years
- HEW 7 - $88,059 p.a. plus up to 17% superannuation
The Ballarat Tech School (BTS) is a State Government initiative developed to establish Victoria as the Education State. BTS is hosted by Federation University to provide almost 10,000 Ballarat students from seventeen partner schools access to high tech learning in a cutting-edge purpose-built facility. This shared learning centre is a partnership between local schools and industry focusing on preparing students for a changing world, strengthening their employability skills and developing their understanding and application of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) skills.
About the role
Applying design thinking principles, you will co-design, develop and deliver STEM programs and resources, and continuously improve online and classroom-based programs that include:
- Robotics, automation and advanced manufacturing technologies;
- Virtual reality and 3D modelling and game design;
- Environmental and Food Sciences and Sustainability;
- Information technology;
- Health sciences; and
- New energy technologies.
- contribute to the design, development and delivery of innovative learning programs;
- facilitate learning experiences for students across years 7 – 12; and
- engage learners in new experiences by adapting learning programs.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- experience in the design, development and documenting of educational programs to secondary students in the above fields;
- understanding and application of design thinking and 21st century learning/teaching and STEM education principles;
- ability to facilitate a supportive and productive learning environment; and
- ability to implement student voice and youth participation processes that challenge and support young people.
Current VIT registration is highly desirable.
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions.
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 7 March 2021.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, to view the Position Description, please click here: 850221.pdf
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working with Children Check (WWCC) or hold a current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT).
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please contact please contact our Diversity and Inclusion Partner, Elizabeth Spark, via email. To find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy, please click here
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team via email or on 03 5327 9756.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our Uni Sports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, blended workforce options (work from home flexibility), salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information, please visit our website.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.