- School of Arts – Berwick Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- Academic Level C - $119,529 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About the School of Arts at Federation University
School of Arts offers qualifications from certificate and diploma through to degree and postgraduate levels in the liberal arts, community services and rural social welfare, and visual and performing arts. Our programs operate across our Victorian campuses and in partnership with TAFE institutes, community education providers and schools across Victoria and interstate.
About the role
Contribute to the development and delivery of courses at undergraduate and graduate levels and maintain an active research profile.
- provide leadership in developing, teaching, coordinating, and moderating courses in Social Work/Community and Human Services at undergraduate and graduate levels;
- undertake teaching and assessment of students;
- supervise students undertaking project courses, honours programs and research higher degrees;
- make a significant contribution to research; and
- participate in team projects.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- commitment to and enthusiasm for teaching and learning;
- commitment and ability to develop and implement a student-centred approach;
- record of high-quality research activity and outcomes at a national level;
- capacity to supervise postgraduate students; and
- capacity to work independently, as well as part of a team.
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. We warmly welcome applications from international applicants to be considered for future opportunities and all applications will be considered provided they meet the requirements of the role.
Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 7 February 2021.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, to view the Position Description, please click here: 850089.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.