- Chief Operating Office – Mt Helen or Berwick Campus
- Full-time, fixed term appointment for two years (until December 2022)
- HEW 8 plus 17% superannuation
The Finance team is an integral part of the business strategy and decision-making process, focusing efforts in delivering strategic and operational support to the programs and services. We work in partnership with all areas of the University and provides a wide range of financial services for students and staff. These services include student finance, accounting, asset management, financial planning and budgets, procurement, taxation, and systems support and training.
About the role
Provide expertise and valuable market insights by compiling and analysing data to guide decisions and priorities for the University.
- develop and present data analysis and research via written reports, tabled statistics, dashboards and a range of other mediums;
- develop and maintain demographic, education and economic data sets for the BI team;
- work collaboratively with key stakeholders on strategic projects to enable evidence-based decisions;
- use technical expertise in the use of PowerBI, and provide predictive datasets to shape product development; and
- research trends and government landscapes to provide predictive datasets in order to shape product development.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- ability to present data in a clear and concise way and make recommendations to a range of senior stakeholder to inform and guide university strategy;
- strong understanding of relevant ABS datasets, and expertise in obtaining external complex data in order to shape decision making;
- project management and organisational skills, collaborating with a wide variety of internal stakeholders; and
- understanding of interpreting government policy.
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday 24 January 2021.
Applicants are required to submit a suitability statement outlining alignment to the position. To view the Position Description, please click here: 850060.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact email@example.com or phone (03) 5327 9756.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our Uni Sports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, blended workforce options (work from home flexibility), salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information, please visit our website.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. We warmly welcome applications from international applicants to be considered for future opportunities and all applications will be considered provided they meet the requirements of the role.