Dean, Learning and Teaching (internal only)
Job no: 850033
Campus: Mt Helen Campus
School/Area: Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- Academic Portfolio – Mt Helen Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment for five years
Over the past 12 months the University has had an interim Pro Vice-Chancellor (Teaching Quality and Innovation). This position has been reassessed to better align with the University’s current and emerging strategic priorities. We have now created a new position of Dean, Learning and Teaching which will provide strategic leadership and operational management to the Centre for Learning Innovation and Professional Practice and Policy and Quality Services.
As a member of the Academic Portfolio’s senior executive, you will provide transformational leadership in teaching innovation, teaching quality, online learning and student retention and success throughout the Higher Education schools of the University. This position will also be responsible for the development and implementation of the University’s on-line teaching delivery strategy.
- provide vision, inspiration and drive in the transformation of the University’s performance in learning and teaching and teaching innovation, particularly in the area of flexible and online-learning, and innovative forms of delivery;
- lead the development, implementation and monitoring of teaching, learning and student retention strategies;
- Chair the Teaching Quality and Innovation Committee and develop, implement and monitor the University’s Learning and Teaching Plan;
- manage the University’s relationship with relevant Higher Education and Vocational Education quality agencies, including the TEQSA, ASQA and CRICOS; and
- contribute to the senior leadership of the University through the provision of strategic advice to the Vice-Chancellor, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) and the other senior executive staff and members of University Committees and Boards as appropriate.
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- a doctoral degree together with an international reputation for the scholarship of learning and teaching and senior academic leadership and management experience in tertiary learning and teaching;
- expertise in leading the development of learning, teaching and student retention strategies at a university level with demonstrated success in achieving interdisciplinary and cross-school collaboration and innovation;
- knowledge and application of the legislative and regulatory requirements for learning and teaching in Higher Education;
- the ability to build productive and enduring relationships with management and staff in schools and disciplines to achieve strategic and quality outcomes; and
- knowledge and application of quality assurance and innovation and transformation within a tertiary learning and teaching context.
Please apply by 2 December 2020.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, to view the Position Description, please click here: 850033.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact email@example.com or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. Federation University acknowledges that diversity – having access to and embracing differences in backgrounds, perspectives, knowledge and skills, brings to its campuses, a consciousness that supports innovation and the highest quality of thinking.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time