- Chief Operating Office – Mt Helen/Ballarat or Berwick Campus
- Full-time or Part-time (0.8), continuing appointment
- HEW 7 plus 17% superannuation
Be part of our diverse community
We are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student who walks through our doors, and to the communities we help build and are proud to be part of. We are one of Australia’s oldest universities, known today for our modern approach to teaching and learning. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education programs at Federation University.
The Finance Directorate works in partnership with all areas of the University and provides a wide range of financial services for students and staff. These services include student finance, accounting, asset management, financial planning and budgets, procurement, taxation, and systems support and training.
About the role
Work with internal clients to collect, clarify and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual designs from which Business Intelligence (BI) solutions are developed.
- improve information through datasets, software, modelling, forecasting and improved data visualisation;
- scope, provide insightful analytics, writing reports, preparing high quality visualisation drawn from data sources;
- support the development and implementation of metrics and proactive reporting to maximise student retention; and
- design reporting objects utilising the Universities Data Infrastructure, to incorporate sector data and provide trend analysis and predictive analytics; and
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- competence using data visualisation software (Power BI and SQL Server);
- teamwork, collaboration and problem-solving skills;
- effective communication skills, prioritising customer service and stakeholder engagement;
- focus on attention to detail, with exceptional organisational skills; and
- ability to extract data and ability to present the information in easily understandable reports and presentations.
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. We warmly welcome applications from international applicants to be considered for future opportunities and all applications will be considered provided they meet the requirements of the role.
Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday 24 January 2021.
Applicants are required to submit a suitability statement outlining alignment to the position, to view the Position Description, please click here: 849995.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our Uni Sports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, blended workforce options (work from home flexibility), salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information, please visit our website.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.