- Information Technology Services – Mt Helen Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- HEW 8 plus 17% superannuation
Information Technology Services (ITS)
ITS strives to be an innovative and reliable partner to the University, engaging all areas of the business in a collaborative and adaptable approach. ITS provides dependable services, whilst ensuring excellence in what we do, with quality and integrity.
Comprising of several cross-functional teams supported by an underpinning service support layer and governed by an overall strategic services and business solutions framework, ITS ensures that investment in technology is fit for purpose and benefits the University.
About the role
Manage the procurement and transition of infrastructure asset deployment utilising the universities significant investment in asset management and renewal projects. Ensure the ongoing availability, maintenance, and support for the University's Administration Systems.
- lead the high-performing Infrastructure team, and manage allocated budgets;
- maintain an operational maintenance schedule for all infrastructure works;
- manage infrastructure hardware procurement and asset lifecycle processes;
- contribute to minor and major technology projects (wireless, building switches, AARNet and ERP);
- contribute to support services; and
- manage internal key performance indicator (KPI) measurement methods and metrics.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- extensive experience in managing IT infrastructure in a complex IT environment;
- leadership of a competent, customer service focused and cohesive team;
- understanding and application of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and procedures;
- ability to effectively manage complex projects and to embrace continuous improvement and change;
- knowledge and application of RDBMS environments, and enterprise-grade Microsoft productivity technologies; and
- ideally, an understanding of the operations of multi-sector institutions.
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. We warmly welcome applications from international applicants to be considered for future opportunities and all applications will be considered provided they meet the requirements of the role.
Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a suitability statement outlining alignment to the position, to view the Position Description, please click here: 849976..pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact email@example.com or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our Uni Sports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, blended workforce options (work from home flexibility), salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information, please visit our website.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.