- Academic Services & Support Directorate – Mt Helen, Berwick or Gippsland Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment until 27 September 2021
- HEW 5 - $69,184 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Be part of our diverse community
Today, we are proud to have more than 23,000 domestic and international students and 110,000 alumni across Australia and the world. Into our supportive, inclusive and thriving community, we welcome people from all backgrounds and cultures.
Across our university and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera, we deliver world-class education and facilities. We have a network of onshore partner providers for international students in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide, as well as offshore partners in Malaysia, Hong Kong and China. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education programs at Federation University.
About the role
Responsible for administration of work integrated learning functions within the Schools related to placement, internships, projects, overseas study tours and international exchange programs.
- coordinate the administration of placements and internships and maintain accurate and confidential records and files of student placements;
- assist in the development, documentation and implementation of procedures;
- establish, maintain and store legal agreements;
- contribute to the administering of financial processing related to placements and monitoring of budgets; and
- provide accurate information and advice on the work integrated learning opportunities to employers, students and staff.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- administrative skills, including ability to maintain record-keeping, filing systems and databases;
- ability to interpret policies and procedures and provide accurate and timely advice;
- communication and interpersonal skills as well as the capacity to maintain strict confidentiality.
- problem solving, time management and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines; and
- word processing and Microsoft Office skills, as well as the ability to use other relevant applications.
COVID-19 - Federation University has implemented processes to assist all staff and students to operate safely and effectively, with home and campus-based work undertaken where possible. This position is currently a work from home position and may be subject to change as our response to COVID-19 develops.
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. We warmly welcome applications from international applicants to be considered for future opportunities and all applications will be considered provided they meet the requirements of the role.
Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 1 November 2020.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, to view the Position Description, please click here: 849884.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.