- School of Education – Mt Helen Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- Academic Level A6 - $86,851 p.a. or Academic Level B - $97,904 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Be part of our diverse community
Today, we are proud to have more than 23,000 domestic and international students and 110,000 alumni across Australia and the world. Into our supportive, inclusive and thriving community, we welcome people from all backgrounds and cultures.
Across our university and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera, we deliver world-class education and facilities. We have a network of onshore partner providers for international students in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide, as well as offshore partners in Malaysia, Hong Kong and China. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education programs at Federation University.
About the role
Contribute to the development and delivery of courses at undergraduate and graduate levels as well as School’s research program and administrative functions.
- undertake teaching and assessment of undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Outdoor Education discipline;
- develop, teach and moderate courses at undergraduate and graduate levels;
- perform full course coordination duties; and
- undertake research activities and participate in team projects.
- develop, teach, coordinate and moderate courses in Outdoor Education at undergraduate and graduate diploma levels;
- undertake teaching and assessment of undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students within the area of Outdoor Education;
- supervise students undertaking project courses, honours programs and research higher degree students;
- make a significant contribution to research activity within the School; and
- participate in team projects and various committees.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- lecturing and tutoring experience in the area of Outdoor Education with capacity to teach courses in health and physical education;
- preparedness to undertake research and a capacity to develop an active research profile in the field of Outdoor Education; and
- previous experience in the administration of courses, and other administrative duties as required.
- commitment to scholarship and a potential for academic advancement;
- commitment to and enthusiasm for teaching and learning, and a good teaching record;
- previous experience in academic administration, including the administration of courses; and
- research expertise and a demonstrated capacity and preparedness to achieve an active research profile in the field.
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 27 September 2020.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, to view the Position Description, please click here: 849871.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact email@example.com or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
A workplace for remarkable people
At Federation University, we are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student who walks through our doors, and to the communities we help build and are proud to be part of. We are one of Australia’s oldest universities, known today for our modern approach to teaching and learning. For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.