- Federation TAFE – SMB Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment for 12 months
- HEW 6 - $79,965 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Be part of our diverse community
Today, we are proud to have more than 23,000 domestic and international students and 110,000 alumni across Australia and the world. Into our supportive, inclusive and thriving community, we welcome people from all backgrounds and cultures.
Across our university and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera, we deliver world-class education and facilities. We have a network of onshore partner providers for international students in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide, as well as offshore partners in Malaysia, Hong Kong and China. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education programs at Federation University.
About the role
Liaise with other student support services to foster student engagement by enhancing the progress, status and wellbeing of students in our Youth Programs.
- provide a ‘first point of contact’ that will advise and link students to the most appropriate service;
- develop, liaise and work collaboratively with internal and external agencies to develop strategies and processes to support students;
- contribute to the promotion, implementation and monitoring of socially inclusive support programs; and
- monitor progress and maintain confidential student case notes, records and communication logs.
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- a degree (preferably in social work or rural social welfare) with subsequent relevant experience; or extensive experience and specialist expertise;
- demonstrated skills and experience in working with a diverse range of students and their families in a case management and/or counselling role in an educational setting;
- a knowledge and understanding of the issues and challenges facing young students and the available support services; and
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish collaborative relationships with a range of people.
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 9 August 2020.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, to view the Position Description, please click here: 849768.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
A workplace for remarkable people
At Federation University, we are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student who walks through our doors, and to the communities we help build and are proud to be part of. We are one of Australia’s oldest universities, known today for our modern approach to teaching and learning. For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.