- Vice-Chancellor’s office – Mt Helen Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- HEW 9 - $115,021 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Be part of our diverse community
Today, we are proud to have more than 23,000 domestic and international students and 110,000 alumni across Australia and the world. Into our supportive, inclusive and thriving community, we welcome people from all backgrounds and cultures.
Across our university and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera, we deliver world-class education and facilities. We have a network of onshore partner providers for international students in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide, as well as offshore partners in Malaysia, Hong Kong and China. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education programs at Federation University.
About the role
Responsible for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student recruitment, access and support you will engage with all stakeholders to promote the University as a key site for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander tertiary education and training.
- lead and manage the administrative and operational requirements of the Aboriginal Education Centre (AEC);
- develop, implement and monitor adherence to policies, procedures and processes for the efficient and effective administration of the AEC;
- take a leading role in the development and implementation of the University’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander education strategy;
- improve and monitor the effective Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student recruitment and support mechanisms University-wide; and
- increase Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student access to, and participation and success in, university study.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- extensive knowledge of the needs and aspirations of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities;
- knowledge and understanding of the communities and cultures to implement cultural protocols and provide cultural expertise;
- skills and experience in leading a customer focused, collaborative, professional, engaged team; and
- experience and proven ability to engage with Aboriginal organisations, communities and individuals to foster productive and harmonious working relationships.
In accordance with the University’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Workforce Strategy; and under Special Measures Section 12, 28 and 88 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010; the University has designated this position as an Identified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Position.
Only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply.
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 9 August 2020.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, to view the Position Description, please click here: 849763.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact email@example.com or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
A workplace for remarkable people
At Federation University, we are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student who walks through our doors, and to the communities we help build and are proud to be part of. We are one of Australia’s oldest universities, known today for our modern approach to teaching and learning. For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.