- Corporate Communications and Government Relations – Ballarat Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- HEW 9 - $117,206 - $121,874 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Lead and manage the Media and Communications team across all campuses to provide responsive high-level strategic communications advice to enhance and protect the university’s reputation at a regional, national and international level. You will prepare strategic communications and messaging on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor and President, and senior executive team in a deadline driven environment.
- lead and manage the day-to-day functions, and develop the team;
- manage all communication sources related to the Vice-Chancellor’s public profile and the University’s reputation;
- develop and implement media training, mentoring, advice and support;
- address and manage reactive media relations activities and
- develop and maintain a media calendar, up-to-date media contacts and relationships with key journalists and media outlets.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- professional communications writing skills with attention to detail for the drafting of speeches, reports, presentations, and other communications on behalf of executives;
- understanding of a range of media and social media platforms, and ability to maximise the uses for consistent messaging;
- interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise with a diverse range of people and to establish working relationships across all levels;
- understanding of political sensitivities with the proven ability to maintain confidentiality, consider and manage sensitive matters diplomatically and discreetly;
- ability to utilise initiative, exercise independent judgement and make timely responsive decisions; and
- a willingness to work after hours and/or weekends from time to time and to travel between other campuses as required.
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Please apply by Tuesday 3 August 2021.
Applicants are required to submit a resume in addition to your resume. To view the Position Description, please click here: 849551.pdf
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Elizabeth Spark, our Diversity and Inclusion Partner.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Lisa Pickering, our Associate Director, Organisational Development and Performance.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our leave and work-life balance web page.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.