Student Finance Administrative Officer
Job no: 849521
Location: Mt Helen Campus
- Finance – Mt Helen Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- HEW 4 - $62,657 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About the role
The Student Finance Administrative Officer is responsible for undertaking student and third party invoicing; debt collection; assisting with student payment plans and government student loans; and processing payments and refunds.
Your responsibilities will include:
- responding to student fee related enquiries from students, staff and customers, and providing accurate information and advice;
- ensuring accurate and timely processing of fee sponsor agreements for sponsored students, including invoicing, payment processing and follow-up of corporate accounts;
- ensuring the timely follow-up and collection of outstanding fees, processing of refunds and payments; and
- providing efficient and effective administrative support to the Student Finance team.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- knowledge of financial processes, advanced numeracy skills, and the ability to undertake reconciliations;
- knowledge and proficiency in using a range of software packages including MS Office, databases and IT applications with advanced MS Excel skills using a range of functions;
- administrative capabilities, including the processing of financial transactions and ability to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail; and
- excellent customer service skills
Careers at Federation University Australia
We are regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study, and approximately 1,300 continuing staff members committed to teaching excellence and student support. We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on a career with us, please review our Candidate Information Booklet, available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 23 February 2020.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here.
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849521.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time