Professor, Nursing and Discipline Leader
Job no: 849506
Location: Berwick Campus
School/Area: School of Nursing and Healthcare Profes.
- School of Nursing and Healthcare Professions – Berwick Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment for 5 years
- Academic Level E - $181,157 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Nursing Academic with passion for leading and driving initiatives in a growing University. As the Professor of Nursing and Discipline Leader, you will be responsible for strategic leadership within the School and you will also represent the Discipline internally and with industry and professional bodies to ensure discipline activities are recognised both nationally and/or internationally. This is also an exceptional opportunity for high performing Associate Professor, looking for your opportunity to step into a Professorial role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- providing academic leadership and managerial decision-making in Nursing;
- providing leadership for the development, implementation and monitoring of student retention and success strategies;
- functional collaboration across the University;
- fostering interactions with industry, government, and community groups; and
- leading, developing and maintaining an international research profile, contributing to the growth of the School through research and teaching.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- completion of a Doctorate or equivalent in Nursing or a related discipline;
- an outstanding international scholarly reputation including an outstanding record of research publications in refereed international journals in Nursing;
- experience in establishing, leading and managing research groups;
- extensive leadership and management experience, including a strong record of supervising Doctoral students to completion;
- strong industry connections with industry, government and community groups in Nursing; and
- ability to travel between Victorian campuses regularly.
Careers at Federation University Australia
We are regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study, and approximately 1,300 continuing staff members committed to teaching excellence and student support. We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on a career with us, please review our Candidate Information Booklet, available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 1 March 2020.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here.
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849506..pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time