Learning Skills Advisor
Job no: 849470
Location: Brisbane Campus
School/Area: Teaching Quality
- Centre for Learning Innovation and Professional Practice – Brisbane Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- HEW 6 - $78,551 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About the role
The Learning Skills Advisor is responsible for providing learning support services focussing on academic literacy and language development and for the individual and collective learning needs of students.
Your responsibilities will include:
- contributing to the design, development and publication of online teaching and learning resources;
- conducting individual or group learning and information digital literacy skills training; and
- providing individual and group academic learning advice to eligible students to support their transition to independent learning.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- knowledge of learning and teaching processes, particularly in the field of academic learning skills advising;
- demonstrated ability to assess, and respond appropriately, to the academic learning needs of a diverse range of students; and
- level of written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to develop and deliver public presentations.
Careers at Federation University Australia
We are regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study, and approximately 1,300 continuing staff members committed to teaching excellence and student support. We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on a career with us, please review our Candidate Information Booklet, available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 23 February 2020.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here.
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849470.pdf
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time