- Federation TAFE – Gillies St Campus, Ballarat
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment until December 2022
- EM1 - $101,161 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation and an additional 10% superable allowance
About Federation TAFE
We are home to vocational education and training delivered by Federation University Australia. With a strong focus on employment-based training, Federation TAFE brings training in critical skills disciplines, together with employers in a variety of industry sectors to have the trained workforce they require so they can thrive into the future. We offer a broad range of pre-employment, employment/trade, post trade and entry to mid-level qualifications across major sectors including automotive, business management and IT, building and construction, community and children services, cookery, hairdressing, beauty therapy, engineering, manufacturing and rural sciences among many others.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has become available to showcase your management skills as you lead a team of professional, committed and passionate teachers making a real contribution to enhancing the student learning experience. These programs prepare and support students to enter into employment or higher education and Vocational Education and Training (VET) programs creating pathways into VCAL, pre-apprenticeships, employment, further training and traineeships. This portfolio will cover a range of training packages, including but not limited to Agriculture, Horticulture, Conservation and Land Management, Food Science and Technology, Butchery and Bakery.
Your responsibilities will include:
- leading, developing and supporting a team of teaching staff, including negotiating scheduled and unscheduled work plans/workloads;
- managing the financial and physical resources, to achieve their objectives and deliver innovative programs;
- managing the design, development, delivery, evaluation, compliance (ASQA) and Higher Education Skills Group (HESG) and continuous improvement of Vocational Education and Training programs;
- the day-to-day planning, scheduling, development, implementation and delivery of quality programs; and
- developing and maintaining University, community and industry relationships and networks.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- a relevant vocational qualification and/or experience at Diploma or Degree level, in any of the following disciples:
- Agriculture, or Wool Classing;
- Horticulture, Parks and Gardens, or Landscape Construction;
- Conservation and Land Management;
- Food Science and Technology;
- Food Processing;
- Butchery; or
- minimum teaching qualification at Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree AQF Level 6 and completion of a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40116 or equivalent;
- capability to effectively lead and manage a diverse teaching team to achieve performance objectives;
- expertise at a management level in planning, establishing, organising, managing and monitoring educational programs and career pathways for students;
- communication and interpersonal skills, including analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to manage student discipline and welfare matters; and
- ability to develop collaborative working relationships and networks with a range of stakeholders.
Careers at Federation University Australia
From a proud 150 year history, Federation University Australia is renowned for being accessible, inclusive, supportive and empathetic. Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with a commitment to building capability and skills through professional development.
We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on a career with us, please review our Candidate Information Booklet, available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday 19 January 2020.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here.
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849489.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.