Senior Finance Business Partner
Job no: 849478
Location: Berwick or Mt Helen Campus
- Finance – Mt Helen or Berwick Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment for 3 years
- HEW 9 - $112,987 to $117,487 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About the role
Reporting to the Associate Director, Financial Planning and Analytics, you will perform a vital leadership role ensuring that the Financial Planning and Budget team meets its responsibilities to maintain sound financial management, quality business partnering services and the provision of strategic advice across the University. You will also be responsible for leading and developing a small team of Management Accountants and be the trusted key adviser to budget holders in managing resources.
Your responsibilities will include:
- providing reports, insights, analysis and advice to senior leadership;
- significantly contributing to the development of the University’s financial strategy;
- managing high level relationships with key stakeholders;
- acting as a Finance lead in a complex and large scale system implementation (ERP); and
- developing complex revenue modelling and business cases.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- postgraduate qualifications in an Accounting/Finance/Business discipline and experience team leadership;
- membership of a professional association such as CPA, ICA or equivalent;
- proven expertise in financial planning in a business context, management accounting, business partnering, forecasting;
- advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyse complex problems, and develop innovative solutions; and
- experience in critical large scale system implementation and improvement projects.
Careers at Federation University Australia
We are regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study, and approximately 1,300 continuing staff members committed to teaching excellence and student support. We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on a career with us, please review our Candidate Information Booklet, available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 9 February 2020.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here.
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849478.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time