Senior Financial Accountant
Job no: 849465
Location: Berwick or Mt Helen Campus
- Chief Operating Office, Finance - Mt Helen or Berwick Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment for 3 years
- HEW 9 - $112,987 to $117,487 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About the role
Reporting to the Associate Director, Corporate Finance you will be instrumental in our new ERP transformation project, ensuring that during the investigation and implementation phases of the new systems, we implement best practice solutions that will drive efficiencies across the University. You will also be responsible for providing proactive leadership to the Financial Accounting Team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- acting as Finance lead in our new ERP transformation project;
- providing technical accounting guidance and expertise within the project;
- leading the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements;
- conceptualising, developing and implementing accounting and financial management policies and procedures; and
- providing quality advice and reports.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- postgraduate qualifications in accounting, commence, business or economics, and extensive experience as a Finance Accountant, External Auditor or Internal Auditor in a medium to large environment;
- implementation of a new major ERP is desirable, along with an understanding of what best practice should look like;
- experience in leading the preparation of the Annual Financial Statements of a complex organisation;
- ability to lead, motivate and develop a high performing team to achieve organisational outcomes in a complex and competitive environment; and
- experience in providing complex financial and accounting policy advice to senior management.
Careers at Federation University Australia
We are regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study, and approximately 1,300 continuing staff members committed to teaching excellence and student support. We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on a career with us, please review our Candidate Information Booklet, available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 9 February 2020.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here.
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849465.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time