- School of Health and Life Sciences – Mt Helen Campus
- Full-time fixed-term appointment until 24 December 2025
- Academic Level B - $96,173 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About School of Health and Life Sciences at Federation University
Federation University Australia School of Health and Life Sciences offers a wide range of pathways and qualifications in sport management, and exercise sport sciences, biomedical and food science, psychology, environmental and conservation science as well as veterinary and wildlife science. When our students study with us they enjoy smaller classes providing easy access to teaching staff and our world-class equipment developing the advanced laboratory and field skills sought by employers. Our programs are offered on campus at Ballarat, Gippsland and Berwick, as well as via online learning, and our staff and postgraduate students conduct significant research that contributes to knowledge locally, nationally and internationally, while also acknowledging and reflecting our rural/regional locations.
Federation University’s School of Health and Life Sciences is internationally recognised for producing graduates equipped with relevant, up-to-date skills ensuring they are industry-ready by the time they commence employment.
Federation University Australia has a proud history associated with delivering a successful sport management program with graduates gaining employment in the sport industry. The new International Sport Management program provides an exciting opportunity to become part of the academic team to develop a world class online degree for a global audience.
About the role
Federation University and the World Academy of Sport have partnered to deliver a new world-leading online undergraduate degree in International Sports Management to students globally. The Bachelor of International Sport Management will provide an accessible, inclusive and comprehensive program that develops future sport leaders with 21st century skills. Working under the broad direction of the Dean and Director, International Sport Management, you will contribute to the development and delivery of courses at all levels, in addition to the School’s research program and administrative functions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- developing, teaching, coordinating and moderating courses in Sport Management;
- undertaking teaching and assessment of undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students within the area of Sport Management;
- undertaking research activities;
- supervision pf students undertaking project courses and honours programs, and research higher degree students; and
- additional responsibilities applicable to a Level B academic under current minimum standards for Academic Levels.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- a Master’s degree, with a significant research component;
- knowledge of the sport management industry/discipline;
- commitment to scholarship and a potential for academic advancement;
- commitment to and enthusiasm for teaching, and a good teaching record in one or more of the following sub-discipline areas, Sport Management, Sport development and managing the athlete or Marketing and digital media
- demonstrated ability in curriculum development and delivery of online teaching; and
- evidence of research expertise and a demonstrated capacity and preparedness to achieve an active research profile in the field of Sport Management.
Careers at Federation University Australia
We are regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study, and approximately 1,300 continuing staff members committed to teaching excellence and student support. Federation University Australia has a strong commitment to educational and social equity, teaching excellence, research distinction, environmental sustainability and regional capacity building. We are Australia's number one University for job-ready graduates, and Victoria’s number one teaching quality, student support, and median starting salary, with 70% of graduates remaining on to work within the region.
From a proud 150 year history, Federation University Australia is renowned for being accessible, inclusive, supportive and empathetic. Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with a commitment to building capability and skills through professional development. We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on a career with us, please review our Candidate Information Booklet, available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 8 December 2019.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here.
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849458.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.