Lecturer, Civil Engineering (2 positions)
Job no: 849452
Location: Gippsland Campus
School/Area: School of Science, Engineering and IT
- School of Science, Engineering and Information Technology - Gippsland Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment – 2 positions
- Academic Level B - $96,173 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About the role
As a Lecturer, Civil Engineering you will contribute to the development and delivery of engineering courses at undergraduate and graduate levels as well as contribute to the School’s research program and School’s administrative functions
Your responsibilities will include:
- developing, teaching, coordinating and moderating courses in the engineering discipline at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate levels, preferably in one or more areas of hydrogeology, geotechnical engineering, and road and traffic engineering;
- undertaking teaching and assessment of undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students;
- supervising students undertaking project courses, honours programs and higher degrees by research; and
- participating in team projects and various committees as required.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- commitment to scholarship and a potential for academic advancement;
- commitment to and enthusiasm for teaching, and a good teaching record;
- previous experience in academic administration, including the administration of courses;
- evidence of an ability to work collegially and independently; and
- interpersonal, oral and written communications skills and an ability to relate well to students and other University staff.
Careers at Federation University Australia
We are regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study, and approximately 1,300 continuing staff members committed to teaching excellence and student support. We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on a career with us, please review our Candidate Information Booklet, available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 9 February 2020.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here.
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849452..pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact email@example.com or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time