• Campus Life - SMB Campus
• Full-time fixed-term appointment for 2 years
• HEW 4 - $62,657 p.a plus 17% superannuation
About Federation University Australia
We are regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study, and approximately 1,300 continuing staff members committed to teaching excellence and student support. Federation University Australia has a strong commitment to educational and social equity, teaching excellence, research distinction, environmental sustainability and regional capacity building. We are Australia's number one University for job-ready graduates, and Victoria’s number one teaching quality, student support, and median starting salary, with 70% of graduates remaining on to work within the region.
About the role
Reporting to the Children’s Centre Coordinator you will be responsible for providing programs which meet the needs, strengths and interests of the children in the facility. You will promote the caring, stimulating and relaxing environment to ensure each child is given the best care.
Your responsibilities will include:
- understanding and application of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and National Quality Standards;
- an ability to take responsibility of up to 22 children between 6 weeks to 6 years;
- an ability to plan, implement and reflect on programs based on the children’s individual needs;
- communication skills to communicate effectively with children, families, educators and other professionals;
- well recognised record keeping skill and timely completion of required paperwork and reporting; and
- being a positive role model to co-workers, students and families.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- knowledge and understanding of early childhood development and the ability to convey acceptance of and sensitivity to family and children’s values and needs;
- effective communication skills, including conflict resolution;
- an ability to lead a team, delegate tasks, supervise others; and
- knowledge of planning culturally appropriate and anti-biased quality programs.
Careers at Federation University Australia
From a proud 150 year history, Federation University Australia is renowned for being accessible, inclusive, supportive and empathetic. Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with a commitment to building capability and skills through professional development.
We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on a career with us, please review our Candidate Information Booklet, available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 8 December 2019
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here.
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849444.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.