• School of Health and Life Sciences – Mt Helen and SMB Campuses
• Full-time, continuing appointment
• Academic Level B - $96,173 p.a. or Academic Level C - $117,416 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About the role
As a Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer, Psychology you will contribute to the development and delivery of courses at undergraduate and graduate levels as well as contribute to the School’s research program and School’s administrative functions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- developing, teaching, coordinating and moderating courses in Psychology;
- undertaking teaching and assessment of students within the area of Psychology;
- supervising students undertaking project courses and honours programs; and
- participating in team projects and various committee meetings as required.
Dependent on the level to be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- previous experiences in academic administration;
- evidence of research expertise and a capacity to achieve an active research profile; and
- evidence of an ability to work collegially.
- record of research at an international level;
- capacity to supervise honours and research postgraduate students;
- capacity to work independently, as well as part of a team; and
- organisational and administrative abilities to construct, coordinate and administer courses.
For both levels:
- commitment to and enthusiasm for teaching, and a good teaching record; and
- excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication.
Careers at Federation University Australia
We are regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study, and approximately 1,300 continuing staff members committed to teaching excellence and student support. We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on a career with us, please review our Candidate Information Booklet, available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 26 January 2020.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here.
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849443.1.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact email@example.com or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.