- Information Technology Services – Mt Helen Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- HEW 8 - $97,100 p.a. plus 17% superannuation.
About Federation University Australia
We are regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study, and approximately 1,300 continuing staff members committed to teaching excellence and student support. Federation University Australia has a strong commitment to educational and social equity, teaching excellence, research distinction, environmental sustainability and regional capacity building. We are Australia's number one University for job-ready graduates, and Victoria’s number one teaching quality, student support, and median starting salary, with 70% of graduates remaining on to work within the region.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Services and Solutions, you will provide leadership, supervision and expertise to the Service Research and Solutions team (SRS), responsible for the design and implementation of properly authorised customisations and enhancements to the University’s Administration Systems and other associated systems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- managing of budgets, resources and planning work priorities for your team;
- providing strategic support and advice to the Information Technology Services team and the wider University community;
- leading and providing guidance, direction and escalation support for the SRS team and providing expertise;
- ensuring SRS supported service’s performance, security and data integrity comply with the Service Level Agreements, Data Management Policies, Operational Level Agreements;
- leading, managing and supporting staff to achieve agreed outcomes; and
- working in collaboration with ITS teams, assist in planning, developing, implementing and supporting services in accordance with the Enterprise Architect Plan, ensuring Information Technology Infrastructure Library processes are followed.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- experience and understanding of the operations of multi-sector institutions and their relationship to relevant government agencies;
- expert knowledge of the Oracle RDBMS environment and the Oracle software suite;
- ability to manage a team providing guidance, support and leadership while working within budgetary constraints while contributing to a positive and safe workplace culture; and
- exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation and influencing skills, and the capacity to engage in effective stakeholder management with diverse stakeholders within the university environment.
Careers at Federation University Australia
From a proud 150 year history, Federation University Australia is renowned for being accessible, inclusive, supportive and empathetic. Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with a commitment to building capability and skills through professional development.
We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on a career with us, please review our Candidate Information Booklet , available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 20 October 2019.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here Preparing-a-Job-Application.pdf
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849399.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact email@example.com or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.