• Equity and Diversity – Berwick or Gippsland Campus
• Full-time, continuing appointment
• HEW 7 - $86,502 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Equity and Diversity, you will be responsible for coordinating and driving the implementation of key equity and diversity strategies. You will also provide specialist advice to students and staff on responses to disclosures and reports of discrimination and harassment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- coordinating the development and implementation of key equity and diversity strategies;
- developing, implementing and delivering training programs;
- receiving and recording student and staff complaints; and
- providing ‘best practice’ advice to supervisors/ managers and staff on equity and diversity practices.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- knowledge and experience of equity and diversity in an employment and education setting;
- experience delivering training and public speaking;
- ability to manage a broad range of complex, sensitive equity and diversity complaints and experiences;
- ability to skilfully and appropriately consult and collaborate with colleagues at various levels; and
- ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy when dealing with sensitivities and differences.
Careers at Federation University Australia
We are regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study, and approximately 1,300 continuing staff members committed to teaching excellence and student support. We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on a career with us, please review our Candidate Information Booklet, available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 26 January 2020.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here.
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849395.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.