- Federation Business School – Brisbane Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- Academic Level C - $117,416 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About Federation University Australia
We are regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study for over 23,500 students, and 1,300 continuing staff members who are committed to teaching excellence and student support. Federation University Australia has a strong commitment to educational and social equity, teaching excellence, research distinction, environmental sustainability and regional capacity building. We are Australia's number one University for job-ready graduates and teaching quality, and Victoria’s number one for student support, skills development and educational experience, with 70% of graduates remaining on to work within the region.
About the role
This is your opportunity to contribute to delivery of excellence in teaching and learning across a range of Management, Marketing or Tourism courses playing a key role in the School’s administrative and research activities, including participating in team projects and various committees.
Your responsibilities will include:
- developing, teaching, coordinating, and moderating courses in management, marketing and tourism at undergraduate, honours and graduate levels;
- undertaking teaching and assessment of undergraduate and postgraduate students within the area of management, marketing and tourism;
- supervising students undertaking project courses, honours programs and research higher degrees;
- making a significant contribution to research activity within the School; and
- participating in team projects and various committee meetings as required.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- commitment to and enthusiasm for teaching and learning, and a good teaching record;
- record of research at an international level;
- capacity to supervise honours and research postgraduate students;
- capacity to work independently, as well as part of a team; and
- organisational and administrative abilities necessary for the construction.
Careers at Federation University Australia
From a proud 150 year history, Federation University Australia is renowned for being accessible, inclusive, supportive and empathetic. Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with a commitment to building capability and skills through professional development.
We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on a career with us, please review our Candidate Information Booklet, available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 20 October 2019
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here: Preparing a Job Application.pdf
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849390.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.