• Federation TAFE – Mt Helen or SMB Campus
• Full-time, fixed-term appointment to August 2020
• HEW 4 - $62,657 p.a. plus 17% superannuation.
About Federation University Australia
We are regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study for over 23,500 students, and 1,300 continuing staff members who are committed to teaching excellence and student support. Federation University Australia has a strong commitment to educational and social equity, teaching excellence, research distinction, environmental sustainability and regional capacity building. We are Australia's number one University for job-ready graduates and teaching quality, and Victoria’s number one for student support, skills development and educational experience, with 70% of graduates remaining on to work within the region.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Program Support and Projects, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to Federation TAFE and factual advice to clients. Ensuring administrative functions relating to the student experience, collection of data and records are maintained in accordance with University policies, procedures and guidelines and AQSA/HESG requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- administrative operational support to Federation TAFE and Commercial activities, working collaboratively with staff to deliver quality administrative services;
- maintaining accurate student data including enrolments, training plans, recognition of prior learning, student fees/invoicing, attendance, and awards in line with University guidelines;
- contributing to planning, organisation and delivery of events and activities; and
- providing reception services, ensuring prompt and accurate information and advice provided;
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- problem solving, organisational and time management skills and the ability to prioritise work demands to meet conflicting deadlines in a busy office environment;
- experience in using student booking, management and finance systems;
- exemplary interpersonal and communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to deliver customer service excellence; and
- ability to work independently or within a team dealing with confidential information.
Careers at Federation University Australia
From a proud 150 year history, Federation University Australia is renowned for being accessible, inclusive, supportive and empathetic. Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with a commitment to building capability and skills through professional development.
We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on a career with us, please review our Candidate Information Booklet, available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 20 October 2019.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here Preparing-a-Job-Application.pdf.
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849368.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.