- Campus Life – Mt Helen Campus
- Part-time (0.65), fixed-term appointment until June 2020
- $52,970 to $58,458 p.a.(pro-rata) Appointments will normally be at the base of the salary range
About Federation University Australia
FedUni is regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study. With a strong commitment to educational and social equity, teaching excellence, research distinction, environmental sustainability and regional capacity building, we are Victoria’s number one University for overall employability, teaching quality, student support, and median starting salary, with 70% of graduates remaining on to work within the region.
About the role
Working predominately at our FedUni Mt Helen store, you will maintaininventory levels and contribute to stocktakes, reconcile the cash register and provide prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. You will also contribute to the provision of catering services to the University and its clients, at various University venues and retail outlets.
- Your responsibilities will include:
efficient and prompt customer service;
- cash handling and daily reconciliation of registers;
- receiving, storing and restocking store inventory and performing stocktake ;
- assisting kitchen staff with food preparation and quality checking orders prior to sale; and
- ensuring food preparation areas are clean and tidy at all times.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- completion of relevant certificate in customer service and/or relevant experience along with or working towards the Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate;
- customer service and communication skills with demonstrated experience working under pressure; and
- sales and retail experience.
Careers at FedUni
From a proud 150 year history, Federation University Australia is renowned for being accessible, inclusive, supportive and empathetic. Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with a commitment to building capability and skills through professional development.
At FedUni, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on Careers at FedUni, please review our Candidate Information Booklet, available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 22 September 2018.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here Preparing-a-Job-Application.pdf
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849366.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact email@example.com or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.