- Federation TAFE - SMB Campus
- 3 x Full-time, fixed-term appointments until December 2020
- HEW 5 - $67,961 p.a. plus 17% superannuation.
About Federation University Australia
We are regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study for over 23,500 students, and 1,300 continuing staff members who are committed to teaching excellence and student support. Federation University Australia has a strong commitment to educational and social equity, teaching excellence, research distinction, environmental sustainability and regional capacity building. We are Australia's number one University for job-ready graduates and teaching quality, and Victoria’s number one for student support, skills development and educational experience, with 70% of graduates remaining on to work within the region.
About the role
Reporting to the Project Coordinator, Reconnect you will be responsible for the effective delivery of daily program activities. This position will see you engaging and supporting people aged 17-64 years who have disengaged from education, training and/or the workforce, with the objective of enrolling them in an accredited Victorian Training Guarantee course, and transition to further education or employment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- engage with individuals who met the eligibility criteria to participate in the Reconnect program;
- collaboration with other support services and community based activities to integrate support and provide optimal service provision to achieve individual participant and overall program goals;
- mentoring, guiding, and counselling participants of the program; and
- maintain detailed records of program participants progress in consultation with teachers, employers, support workers and other relevant parties;
- ensure administrative activities and documentation are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- a valid Working With Children’s Card;
- experience in applying a range of interventions including assessment, case work, care planning, group work, advocacy, crisis intervention and collaborative outreach based service delivery experience;
- experience in designing group activities and facilitating group work;
- capacity to work effectively both independently and within a multidisciplinary team setting; and
- ability to collaborate effectively with clients, families, colleagues, stakeholders and other service providers.
Careers at Federation University Australia
From a proud 150 year history, Federation University Australia is renowned for being accessible, inclusive, supportive and empathetic. Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with a commitment to building capability and skills through professional development.
We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on a career with us, please review our Candidate Information Booklet, available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 20 October 2019.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here - Preparing-a-Job-Application.pdf .
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849363.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.