- School of Science, Engineering and Information Technology – Mt Helen Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- The salary is within the Academic Level C $115,666 p.a.to $133,374 p.a or Level D $139,277 p.a to $153,435 p.a. plus 17% superannuation.
Appointments will normally be at the base of the salary range
About Federation University Australia
FedUni is regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study. With a strong commitment to educational and social equity, teaching excellence, research distinction, environmental sustainability and regional capacity building we are Victoria's number one University for overall employability, teaching quality, student support, and median starting salary, with 70% of graduates remaining on to work within the region.
About the role
With high ratings from Excellence in Research and currently over 100 doctoral, masters and honours students enrolled, this is your opportunity to contribute to the development and delivery of Cyber Security and other relevant Information Technology courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Your responsibilities will include:
- developing, teaching, coordinating and moderating courses at undergraduate and graduate levels;
- teaching and assessing undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students;
- supervising students undertaking project courses and honours programs; and
- contributing to research activities, as well as participating in team projects and various committees.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- a PhD in Cyber Security or a related field, along with a Graduate Certificate in Education (Tertiary Teaching) or equivalent;
- experience in academic administration, including the administration of courses or research programs, in Cybersecurity;
- ability to lead, develop and coordinate a Cyber Security programs; and
- proven record in research, scholarship and securing government/industry funding.
Careers at FedUni
From a proud 150 year history, Federation University Australia is renowned for being accessible, inclusive, supportive and empathetic. Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with a commitment to building capability and skills through professional development.
At FedUni, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living. For more information on Careers at FedUni, please review our Candidate Information Booklet , available at careers.federation.edu.au.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 22 September 2019.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here: Preparing a Job Application.pdf
To view the Position Description, please click here: 849362.pdf
If you require these documents, or any other documents on this website in an alternative format please contact email@example.com or phone (03) 5327 9756.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.